In 2020, Malaysia has come far in fulfilling its ICT agenda by providing digital services and solutions in various niche areas, including agriculture, medical, education, economic, etc. In aligning towards the IR 4.0, Malaysia that is diverse with rich cultural people (hence: fusion) has come together in contributing towards digital solution within the society. With that, the theme of our symposium for 2020 would be “Inclusivity & Diversity: Digital Interaction towards Digital Society”. Providing today’s technology, is not sufficient with just the production of high-tech, remarkable systems, but also those which solutions people can engage with, feel entrusted to, and gain added-values towards their emotions, feelings and experiences in general. A society that span from young to old generations and with people of disability, how can technology help to cater each needs specifically? At the end of the day we hope to address the interaction of intergenerational and family in the digital society and the impact technology has towards indigenous community.
We invite researchers, educators and practitioners to share their latest research contributions to Fusion2020. The aim of this symposium is to learn from one another’s ongoing research and explore the possibilities of collaborative work on HCI from various domains within the Malaysian context. The symposium will be held in Cyberjaya on the 15 April 2020 and welcomes submissions in the form of 4-6 pages of position paper that addresses the theme of the symposium. It can be a description of work carried out, ongoing and upcoming, that has and will benefit a community or society. We highly encourage the paper to be written to represent an institution, or a research group, or a group of collaborators who are already working together on a specific topic / topics. The paper should also include a short author(s) biography. Below are some of the lists of topics relating to the theme this year:
Below is the list of topics, but are not limited to:
- Designing digital interaction for ageing people
- Creating digital world for children
- How technology helps people with disability
- Interaction of Intergenerational and family in the Digital Society
- Impact of technology towards the indigenous community
- eBusiness in the Digital World
- eLearning within the Digital Society
- Use of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality & Mixed Reality in the Digital Society
- HCI methodology on inclusivity, diversity and digital interaction
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit their position paper with 4-6 pages in length and single column according to the template provided below. Authors are required to submit the formatted position paper in both .docx and .pdf format via Easychair.
Please refer to the template for your position paper: Fusion 2020 Template
Online submission: Submit to Easychair
- All paper will be under double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity.
REGISTRATION FEES :
- myHCI-UX members – RM200
- Students (Postgrads & Undergrads) – RM210
- Non-members – RM300
Submission deadline of the position paper
13 February 2020
Notification of review outcome
Deadline for camera-ready submission
Deadline for author registration
Accepted position papers will be compiled into a conference proceeding publication with eISBN number, and it will be published in myHCI-UX website after the conference for archiving.
Selected FUSION 2020 papers will be invited as extended papers for the following journals:
- International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM) – indexed in Scopus, Inspec, dblp, EBSCO, Ulrichs Web, Microsoft Academic Search
- Journal of Information and Communication Technology (JICT) – indexed in Scopus, Clarivate Analytics Emerging Sources Citation Index, MyCite
- Journal of Advanced Computing Technology and Application (JACTA)
- Asia-Pacific Journal of Information Technology & Multimedia (APJITM) – indexed in MyCite, MyJurnal Islamic World Science Citation Center (ISC), UDLedge Science Citation Index, Focus, Asean Citation Index (ACI)